If you believe a child is at immediate risk of harm call the police on 999.
Camden Children & Families Contact Service
The Children & Families Contact Service is a single access point providing advice, information and support for children and young people who may need extra help or who are vulnerable and at risk. The team provides access to the right help at the right time, as well as supporting professionals to work in an integrated way with children, young people and their families. This includes MASH and Early Help.
For information about the Early Help service in Camden please click here
Please refer to Camden’s threshold document below before making a referral to the Children & Families Contact Service.MASH team:
5 St Pancras Square
Tel: 020 7974 3317 (9am to 5pm)
Out of Hours Tel: 020 7974 4444
Secure Email: LBCMASHadmin@camden.gov.uk.cjsm.net
Fax: 020 7974 3310
If the child already has a CSSW social worker, please contact them directly as the MASH team only deal with calls on new cases.
CSSW Teams can be contacted on the following numbers:
Family Intervention Team 1 (Kilburn Team): 020 7974 3524 Family Intervention Team 2 (Kentish Town Team): 020 7974 4093 Family Intervention Team 3 (Euston Team): 020 7974 2826 UCLH/RFH Social Work Team: 020 7974 2721 Looked After Children Team: 020 7974 7217 / 7218 Leaving Care Team: 020 7974 6169 Brief Intervention Team: 020 7974 2703
Camden MASH (part of the Children & Families Contact Service)
The MASH is a partnership of agencies that have a duty to safeguard children and who have agreed to share information they have on families and children and work within an integrated team in order to improve decision-making whenever there are concerns about a child.
The MASH aims to ensure that:
- All safeguarding referrals are dealt with in a timely and effective manner
- Decisions on referrals are of a high quality following good information sharing from agencies
- Thresholds for services are consistently applied across agencies
- Families are referred on to the most appropriate service at the first point of contact
- Partner agencies are confident that they can share information safely and securely
- Sharing information outside of MASH is a controlled activity done only with the agreement of the relevant agency
- Decision-making for families is streamlined and transparent
- Intelligence on community-based risk held by individual agencies is shared and analysed at an appropriate forum to ensure a multi-agency response to that risk.
Below provides information on the MASH process.